14 DAYS TOUR TO SACRED KAILASH MANSAROVAR 2021 (LHASA-KERUNG)
Guide To Tour
Arrive at Kathmandu airport to start your tour to Kailash Mansarovar Yatra. Assisted transfer at the airport to the hotel. Overnight stay will be at Hotel Shangrila or Similar (Twin Sharing).
Breakfast in the hotel and then proceed for a half day sightseeing tour of Pashupatinath Temple and Buddhanilkanth. Evening time free in Kathmandu till we arrange your visa for Tibet. Overnight at Hotel Shangrila or Similar (Twin Sharing).
After breakfast get transferred to Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu to board your flight to Lhasa, Tibet. Upon arrival at Gonggar Airport, Lhasa the group shall meet our representative who will escort the group to the pre-booked hotel in Lhasa. It will take about 2 hours for the group to reach the hotel. Spend the first day free to acclimatize with the altitude as Kathmandu is at 1300m. above sea level and Lhasa is at 3650 m. Overnight at Hotel Hotel Mansarovar Or Similar (Twin Sharing).
The Jokhang Temple has undergone massive additions and reconstructions since the 7th century and particularly during the reign of 5th Dalai Lama in the 17th century. The Jokhang is the most celebrated temple in Tibet. Because the temple is not controlled by a particular sect of Tibetan Buddhism it attracts adherents of all the sects as well as followers of Bon-Po, Tibet's indigenous religion.
Barkhor Street: the center of the old Lhasa, Barkhor is a circular street, which is the oldest street in Lhasa and remains very traditional. It is a place where Tibetan culture, economy, religion and arts assemble and a place to which a visit must be paid. Barkhor is the road which pilgrims tramped out around Jokhang Temple through centuries. Buddhist pilgrims walk or progress by body-lengths along the street clockwise every day into deep night.
Shera Monestry: Shera Monestry was established in 1419. Number of Buddhist saints (Lama) are staying there and chanting of mantras. Shera is one of the biggest Monestry among Tibet and a worth seeing place to visit.
The Norbulinka Palace: As a barren land, Norbulingka was initially nothing but full of overgrown weeds and infested wild animals. Due to the scrub growth alongside and beautiful scenery in the summer, this place was attracted to 7th Dalai Lama, who’d like to pitch camp to spend his whole summer time with. Finally, in the year of 1755, this place was constructed by the 7th Dalai Lama to handle with political issues, met guests and organized ceremonies. Overnight at Hotel Hotel Manasarovar Or Similar (Twin Sharing).
After breakfast take a drive to Shigatse which is the 2nd largest city of Tibet. Built in 1447 by the first Dalai Lama the Tashilunpo Monastery in Shigatse is a very important monastery in China as it is known as seat of the Pancham Lama. Overnight stay will be at Hotel Getsar or Similar (Twin Sharing).
After crossing the river "Yarlung Tsangpo" known as Brahmaputra, to reach Saga. Overnight at Saga Western Post Or Similar (Twin Sharing).
After breakfast, drive through Paryang (4750 m/241 Kms/3 - 4 hrs). Have lunch on the way. Drive through the windswept territory passing many villages and camps of Yak herders with distance view of snow capped mountains. On this day the road is quite flat, hence the drive will be comfortable compared to other days. There after drive to Hor Quo. We continue driving crossing Mayum La pass. Today is the day of lifetime, as we will have the first sight of Holy Mt. Kailash and Holy Lake Mansarovar. We drive for Holy Lake Mansarovar Parikrama & enroute view Rakshastal, relax and meditate at Lake Mansarovar. We arrive at Chui Gompa. Overnight Dormitory type Guest Houses.
In the morning take holy bath and Hawan, Pooja at Lake. Then drive to Darchen Overnight Kailash Himalaya Hotel. Dormitory.
After breakfast, drive approx. 12 Kms. to Tarboche, the trek starting point of Kailas Parikrama. Tarboche is also known as the outer "Asthapath". The first day of our Kora is a gradual walk with multitudes of other local pilgrims chanting and praying. The trail leads us to few ups and downs till we reach our camp/guest house at Dirapuk (4860 m) 12 km/ 5 - 6 hours trek. Camping on the nice grassy meadows with a view of Kailas, North West face. Those not feeling themselves fit to continue Parikrama will drive back to Darchen and wait for the Parikrama group to return. Overnight in Guest House Dormitory.
Today our Circumbulation (Kora) leads to much higher side of the holy path just beneath the Holy Mount Kailash. The walk will bring us to one of the highest point at Dolma La. Before descending to the gradual field towards Zuthulpuk for the overnight stay after 5-6 hours walk. Zuthulpuk. Overnight in Guest House Dormitory.
The winding gradual tracks finally ends our holy pilgrimage walk 10 km/ 4 - 5 hrs. Once we reach at the trek end point near Darchen, our Luxury Bus will be waiting to take the group back to Saga by tracing our footsteps returning home leaving the Holy place. Overnight at Saga Western Post Or Similar (Twin Sharing).
We will drive back to the Kerung in a comfortable ride. We will have some free time as we descent on a paved path. We will spend the rest of the time relaxing. Overnight in Kerung Hotel.
Drive downhill to Friendship Bridge where transportation awaits for our final leg of journey to Kathmandu (140 Kms/7-8 hours). Overnight at Hotel Shangrila or Similar (Twin Sharing).
Today you would fly back after completing the once in a life time Yatra. After breakfast, free for souvenir shopping and other independent activities. In time transfer to International Airport to board your onward flight.
- Air Ticket Kathmandu-Lhasa
- Arrival / Departure Transfers by 2×2 A/C Coachin Kathmandu.
- Three nights at 5* Hotel on twin sharing basis with daily B-L-D (pure vegetarian)
- One half day sightseeing tour of Pashupatinath and Budhaneelkantha in Kathmandu by 2×2 A/C Coach.
- Two Nights stay in Lhasa (Twin sharing) and Sightseeing Tours, Monastery entrance fees.
- One Nights at Shigatse Hotel (Twin sharing) and Monastery entrance fees.
- All Permits and Tour Guide.
- Two night accommodation in Saga Hotel (Twin sharing)
- One night accommodation at Chui Gompa basic guest house at Mansarovar Dormitory.
- One night accommodation at Darchen Hotel Kailash Himalaya (Dormitory)
- One night accommodation at Dirapuk guest house at Dirapuk Dormitory
- One night accommodation at Zuthulpuk in Guest house Dormitory
- One night accommodation at Kerung in Hotel.
- Timure (Nepal-border) to Kathmandu by Jeep
- Camping arrangement backed by Nepalese Sherpa crew on full board basis – except inside Nepal, all the meals in Tibet side shall be cooked and provided by our Sherpa staff.
- Transportation inside Tibet by 2×2 Coaches.
- Daily 2 liters Bottled Mineral Water (Not provided during Parikrama)
- Complimentary Duffel Bag & 1 down jacket on returnable basis will be provided at Kathmandu
- First aid-kit, medical Oxygen and pulse oxy meter.
- Air fare to/From Kathmandu
- Travel & medical expenses/Insurance during Kailas Yatra.
- Rescue evacuation cost in case of emergency.
- Expenses of personal nature viz. soft / hard beverages, photography charges, porterage at the airports / hotels, laundry, tips, telephone calls etc.
- Pony & Porter hiring charges for riding during Kailas Parikrama.
- Nepal Visa Fee (Not applicable to Indian Passport Holder)
- The tour organizer is not responsible for missing of flight connection due to late in yatra on account of any exccegiencies/unavoidable reason.
- Anything not specifically mentioned in the clause, “The Above Cost Includes”.
- A Validity of Your Passport is 6 months after Yatra departure date
- Every Yatri should bring their Original Passport, Election Card and Pan Card at the time of booking of yatra & during the yatra.
- Every pilgrim should arrange their own Air ticket to and from Kathmandu, Overseas Insurance cover and China Sim Card and 3500 RMB for Parikrama.
- An experienced Nepali Guide will accompany you during Kailas Yatra.
- The Tour Operator is not responsible for any delay in schedule of Yatra on account of some exigencies.
- An administrative charges will be deducted from the refund amount to yatri in case of China Government Refuses to issue Visa or Yatra Permit.
- Foreign Passport Holder should hand over their passport at Kathmandu well before the three working days from the yatra date. The expenses of stay in Kathmandu during this period should be borne by the Pilgrimage.
- In Kailash Mansarovar Yatra only 20 Kg. luggages are allowed includes duffle and shoulder bag.
- The Air ticket rate from Kathmandu-Lhasa is 390 RMB at present. Any increase in the cost of rate should be borne by the Yatris.
- Cost for Heli Shuttle from Syabru – Kathmandu USD1300 per shuttle
- Cost for Heli Shuttle from Timure – Kathmandu USD1500 per shuttle
- The above cost is based on 5 person in 1 Helicopter basis
- Incase Hotel Shangrila is not available, Hotel Shankar shall be provided as an alternative. Group can be upgraded to Radisson / Soaltee or Hyatt at additional cost.
- Participants over 70 years can also apply for permit completing the following formalities and conditions :
- Medical certificate from an Indian Government Hospital certifying that participant is fit to travel above 4000 meters. Application letter by participant signed by 2 direct relatives. There must be 2 direct relatives travelling with the participants. Participants suffering from high blood pressure, heart disease and asthma are prohibited from applying the permits.
- Yatris can exit during the tour only in the event of sickness or emergency at home. Any participant exiting early due to personal reason shall be levied a fee of USD100 per person / per day to FEC. Cost of transportation, food and accommodation has to be beared by the Yatri & yatri have to pay Visa cancellation fee as penalty at Rasuwaghadi Border.
- ADDED COMPLIMENTARY SERVICES :
- Medical Doctors stationed at Saga, Lake Manasarovar & Purang with Medical supplies and Oxygen.
- Priest at Lake Manasarovar
– Payment procedure : Balance Payment should be made before 60 Days before the trip Departure.